Boutique Breweries Beechworth
Billson’s is one of Australia’s oldest continuing beverage producers, established in 1865.
At the brewery in Last Street, visitors can taste the full range of traditional cordial, soda, beer, gin and mixed spirit drinks which are handcrafted using spring water from a well on site. A great experience for all ages, from children to grandparents. Tastings are free.
The venue offers a range of burgers and salads that hero local produce, to be enjoyed in the family-friendly Taproom or the dog-friendly Beer Garden. Billson’s Speakeasy is a sophisticated space for a cocktail or glass of wine accompanied by a cheese plate.
The brewery building has been lovingly restored; the historic details are well worth a look, and the staff are delighted to share stories.
Did you know?
- Billson’s built the first tower brewery in Australia, which was renowned for making the best quality beer. The tower is prominent at the front of the building.
- The well which provides spring water for all Billson’s beverages was hand-dug at the time of the gold rush.
- Billson’s produces over 20 flavours of traditional cordial. The cordial labels have been recreated from designs which date back to the 1880’s.
Bridge Road Brewers
Located in the former Coach House and stables in the heart of Beechworth, Bridge Road Brewers is your ultimate beer destination. The brewery features an open fire for the winter and a large beer garden and kids play area for the warmer months. Visit the brewery and sample from up to 10 different award winning ales and cider.
Bridge Road Brewers doubles as a pizzeria and is also a great place to enjoy lunch or dinner. Sit and enjoy lunch and an ale or three while deciding which beer to take home.
Co-owner Maria Frischmann brings her creative flair from the heart of Austria to the kitchen, baking the best pretzles this side of Munich. Choose from the exciting range of traditional Italian pizzas and other great beer-food options, for lunch 7 days a week from 12 – 3pm and for dinner Fri, Sat and Sun from 6pm.
Bookings recommended. No BYO
Some awards include:
- Number 2 restaurant in Beechworth on Tripadvisor 2015
- 2015 International Beer Awards:
- GOLD medal for our “Bling Bling”
- Sliver: Porter, India Saison and B2 Bomber Mach 4.0
- Bronze: Aurora Borealis2, Elderflower Saison, Chevalier Saison,Little Bling, Brew 1000,
- Bling IPA and Beechworth Pale Ale!
The brewery holds a special event in October the "Oktoberfest". A massive traditional Beer Drinking Festival, with traditional "Om pa-pa" band, German Bratwurst sausages, pork knuckle, Sauerkraut, Pretzels...anything German really!
Lunch: 7 days | 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Dinner: Thursday - Sunday | 6pm - 8.30pm
Tasting Bar Hours: 7 days | 11.00am
- Air Conditioning
- Outdoor Eating
- Child Friendly
- Wifi Access
- Fully Licenced
- Disabled Access