Hit the slopes in Victoria. Within easy access of Beechworth, and offering a variety of runs and activities, Victoria's alpine country has something for everyone.
Head to the High Country where you will find picturesque mountain ranges and national parks and, in the winter months, the premier snowfields such as Mt Buller, Hotham and Falls Creek. Mt Baw Baw and Mt Buffalo offer gentle slopes for beginners and snow-play, while Lake Mountain and Mt Stirling are prominent cross-country skiing destinations.
When the snow disappears, the high country obliges with bushwalks, many through breathtaking scenery and a sea of alpine wildflowers, as well as other nature-based activities like mountain biking and fishing.
For more information on the Victorian Snow Fields please visit the following websites:
- Mount Buller www.mtbuller.com.au
- Mt Hotham www.mthotham.com.au or www.hotham.com.au
- Falls Creek www.fallscreek.com.au
- Mount Buffalo www.parkweb.vic.gov.au
- Mount Stirling www.mtstirling.com.au
- Lake Mountain www.lakemountainresort.com.au
- Dinner Plain www.visitdinnerplain.com
- Victorian Snow Report www.vicsnowreport.com.au