Ned Kelly Weekend has a new Facebook Page. Click on link and like there new page to keep up to date on the latest information.
Information for the 2013 Ned Kelly Weekend are yet to be confirmed mean while the Highlights of the 2012 Ned Kelly Weekend include:
· Experts from the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine offering fascinating insights into the process of “Identifying Ned’s Remains” at the historic Beechworth Gaol
· The launch of Paul Terry’s new book, The True Story of Ned Kelly’s Last Stand
· Firearms display featuring old fashioned black powder guns and a canon.
· Re-enactment of the Raid of Sebastopol – a traditional favorite featuring mounted police
· Actress, storyteller and musician, Christine Middleton, presenting her one-woman show, His Mother’s Son at Beechworth’s historic Town Hall
· Village square in the police paddocks behind the courthouse featuring canvas tent makers, blacksmiths, spinners and weavers, an old minders tent and equipment, Chinese laundry and other displays and market items and
· An exhibition of Kelly correspondence, including The Jerilderie Letter, at the Robert O’Hara Burke Museum
The Ned Kelly Weekend commemorates the anniversary of the committalhearing of the bushranger at the Beechworth Courthouse in August 1880.